- National Post: ‘Fukashima 50′ on suicide mission to prevent Nuclear Meltdown
- New York Times: Radioactive plume could hit US by Friday
- USA Today: Japanese government hiding extent of radiation at ground zero
- MarketWatch: G7 discuss more intervention as Japanese Yen rallies, hits high value against USD since WWII
- CNBC: Euro Zone Debt Agreement a Ponzi Scheme
- Daily Mail: Nasa to shoot lasers at space junk around Earth to prevent collisions with satellites
- MarketWatch: No apparent fundamental reason for gold’s drop
- Daily Mail: French claim Japan is hiding full scale of nuclear disaster
- Yahoo/AP: Wholesale prices up 1.6 pct, biggest jump in 36 years
- Big Government: California Moves Closer Toward Default
- Investor’s Business Daily: Who Will Buy Treasuries After Fed Halts Printing Press?
- CNN Money: Building permits fall to all-time low
Silver, gold and other commodities hit hard yesterday, recovering this morning. Equity Markets down yesterday and today.
|10-Yr Bond %||3.2720%||-0.0510|
* Market prices are snapshot from around 10am EDT
The crisis in Japan continue to be the leading story.
- BBC: Japan earthquake: Meltdown alert at Fukushima reactor
- Wall Street Journal: Tokyo Shares End Day Down 11%
- AP/Yahoo: Stocks plunge as Japan nuclear crisis worsens
- CNBC: If Market Keeps Falling, Fed Will Keep Printing: ‘Dr. Doom’
The Street: Disinformation and Silver Confiscation: Opinion – A guest commentary discusses the manipulation in the silver market and possibility of silver confiscation by the US government.
Michael Pento: Interest Rates Are on the Launch Pad
Japan continues to face potential nuclear and humanitarian disasters, and more quakes.
- BBC: Meltdown alert at Japan reactor
- Financial Times: Crowded shelters expose scale of disaster
- Guardian: Japan tsunami survivor Hiromitsu Shinkawa found 10 miles out at sea
Bloomberg: Japan Adds $183 Billion to Stabilize Markets After Quake – Ah, a central bank’s solution to all problems … print money. Financial crisis … print money. Deflation … print money. Inflation … print money. Natural disaster … print money. Man made disaster … print money. Slow news day … what should we do?!? Oh, I know … let’s print some more money. When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
WorldNetDaily: Utah lawmakers recognize gold as legal tender – The measure only needs the signature of Gov Herbert, who has not yet indicated his position publicly.